[Explain] How social engineering Works?
- Gather Information: This is the first stage, the learns as much as he can about the intended victim. The information is gathered from company websites, other publications and sometimes by talking to the users of the target system.
- Plan Attack: The attackers outline how he/she intends to execute the attack
- Acquire Tools: These include computer programs that an attacker will use when launching the attack.
- Attack: Exploit the weaknesses in the target system.
- Use acquired knowledge: Information gathered during the social engineering tactics such as pet names, birthdates of the organization founders, etc. is used in attacks such as password guessing.